THE CEO OF A GLOBAL CHEMICAL CORPORATION wanted to capitalize on opportunities for savings in unit cost production, but not at the expense of worker disruptions or layoffs.
He felt that process improvements in procurement, maintenance, energy conservation and logistics were paramount to company’s success.
Due to the size and scope of the project, the CEO looked to Proudfoot for guidance and support.
Joint leadership identified multiple opportunities:
- Reduce costs associated with inefficient operations.
- For example, trucks were not being loaded to full capacity, which resulted in more than 80 daily trips from the client’s plant to the designated port.
- Low-value purchase orders were having an adverse effect on productivity within the procurement department.
- The maintenance department struggled with scheduling and coordination.
- Raising energy conservation awareness throughout the organization could help lower costs.
- Governance over current processes and key performance indicators were needed to track important daily milestones.