A MAJOR DISTRIBUTOR of aftermarket automotive equipment and accessories serving more than 17,000 customers in the United States and Canada needed to address its top-line growth.
With growth varying by segment, they needed to increase sales by enhancing market penetration. Yet, divergent sales techniques, standards, and management systems across 18 call centers and field sales offices were limiting their ability.
Together with Proudfoot, the management team defined a target set of improvement opportunities:
- The call center and field sales operations lacked standard management tools.
- Many field sales representatives were mostly visiting customers and taking orders rather than proactively selling.
- The call centers lacked a defined process and best practice behaviors for maximizing sales volume through cross-selling and up-selling techniques.
- Poor communication between call centers and field sales limited optimal collaboration for growth.
- Sales representatives lacked the necessary tools and information to adequately prepare for sales calls.